Digital & Technology
We are delighted and honored to announce that our firm has joined the Global Legal Blockchain Consortium (the “GLBC”) alongside the most prestigious and successful law firms in the world such DLA Piper; Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP; Baker McKenzie and other “magic circle” firms.
The GLBC is the largest legal-industry blockchain consortium in the world, and it is comprised of 300 of the largest and most successful law firms, software companies, and universities developing standards to govern the use of blockchain technology. Specifically, the consortium is focused on:
- Collaboration on legal projects relating to blockchain and other innovative technologies.
- Data integrity and authenticity for contracts, documents, and similar data.
- Data privacy and security for contracts, documents, and communications.
- Interoperability between large corporate legal departments and law firms.
- Productivity improvements and cost savings in the operation of legal departments and law firms.
- Use of blockchain to fortify and augment existing legal technology investments adding important functionality to legacy systems to extend their useful life.
“The Global Legal Blockchain Consortium is pleased to welcome G.C.Hadjikyprianou & Associates LLC. They join over 340 global members as the first from the country of Cyprus and their highly regarded legal expertise will greatly benefit our members and other key stakeholders. Cyprus has shown tremendous advancement within the blockchain community and we look forward to collaborating with them in spirit of legal innovation”
The application of blockchain technology is transforming many industries and holds the potential for dramatic change on how transactions are conducted. Our firm works at the convergence of business and technology to help our clients understand, deploy and integrate this emerging, transformative and disruptive technology to their best business advantage.
For further information on our digital & technology legal services, please click here.