Argyris M. Benteniotis
Associate Partner | Advocate
Mr. Argyris M. Benteniotis is a commercial lawyer and accredited mediator. He works with domestic and international start-ups and businesses, in the provision of financial, contractual and investment advice. He has a broadly-based transactional practice and has acted in numerous restructuring, insolvency and investment cases. Among his activity, he has advised multinational enterprises, shipping and hotel companies in various fields of law related with their operational activities. In his daily practice, Mr. Argyris M. Benteniotis and his team provides specialised legal advice to both domestic and international corporations operating within the European Union.
He has taught, as a teaching professional, business law at University of West Attica and University of Athens. He collaborates with European University Cyprus as a Special Scientist. He has published various papers in the field of Investment Law and Development as well as he has participated at numerous International Scientific Conferences by presenting his research.
- PhD Candidate, Investment Law and Development, Panteion University of Political and Social Sciences, Athens, Greece
- Master of Laws (LL.M.), International Law, University College London (UCL)-University of London, London, UK
- Master of Science (MSc), Human Resources Development and Technology, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
- Certification in Mediation (ADR), Accredited Mediator, International Mediation Centre, Athens, Greece
- Bachelors of Laws (LL.B.), Law, European University Cyprus, Nicosia, Cyprus
- Bachelor (BA), Political Science, Panteion University of Political and Social Sciences, Athens, Greece
- Various academic publications related with the field of Investment Law and Development, indicatively:
- Strategic importance of Mediterranean European Cooperation, Review of Decentralization, Local Government and Regional Development, (v. 60, June 2010).
- The Greek Haircut and the positions of Investors, Review of Decentralization, Local Government and Regional Development, (v. 87, March 2017).
- Various papers/abstracts presentations at International Scientific Conferences, indicatively:
- 28th Eurasia Business and Economics Society Conference. Presentation titled: “Investment Protection Standards in Bilateral Investment Treaties and their contribution in attracting Foreign Direct Investment” (University of Coventry, UK, May 29-31, 2019)